QSITE Gold Coast Chapter, in conjunction with the Australian Computing Academy, is pleased to announce a full-day Digital Technologies curriculum workshop.
What will the workshop include?
- Case studies showcasing existing practice, and school-wide scope & sequence, incorporating Australian Computing Academy resources
- Hands-on experiences with free, classroom-ready resources that target the Digital Technologies curriculum
- Introduction to various programming tools available, including visual and text-based programming, and object-oriented approaches.
- Deep dive into Blockly and Python programming, covering coding aspects of years 5-6 and 7-8 curriculum, focusing on defining and decomposing real-world problems, designing algorithms and implementing programs.
The workshop runs from 8:30am – 4:00pm.
Who Should Attend?
- Primary and secondary teachers looking to improve their understanding of the Digital Technologies curriculum
- Teachers and technology leaders seeking resources to support the implementation of the curriculum
Is there a cost?
QSITE members $33
What should I bring?
Bring yourself and a laptop. We’ll organise the rest, including lunch and morning tea for the day, as well as lots of classroom-ready resources to take away.
Ormeau State School
Mirambeena Drive, Pimpama Qld 4209
Contact for enquiries: Michele Pikunic – email@example.com